December 8, 2010 Contact: Eric Wing (914) 434-3529
REGISTRATION FOR 2011 NHC TOUR MEMBERSHIPS NOW UNDERWAY
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that signups for the 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour are now being accepted at at www.ntra.com/nhctour. The Daily Racing Form NHC Tour is a yearlong bonus series offering additional prize money and qualifying berths to the DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Championship to be held in January 2012 in Las Vegas with a total estimated prize pool of $2 million, including $1 million to the Grand Prize winner.
Membership in the 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour is open to adults 21 years of age or older and requires a one-time membership fee of $45. Membership in the 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour is mandatory in order for top finishers of sanctioned NHC qualifying events to be eligible to compete in the January 2012 NHC Finals in Las Vegas. The NHC Tour membership must be in place prior to the start of any given qualifying tournament in order for one to qualify for the NHC Finals at that qualifying tournament.
Among the many benefits of 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour membership are free, online qualifying tournaments that are restricted to NHC Tour members. The first of these free, online qualifying tournaments will take place on January 2, 2011 at NTRA.com, where qualifying berths to the January 2012 NHC Finals will be offered to the five top finishers. Additional free, online qualifying events—offering a total of 10 additional berths to the NHC Finals—will be held later in 2011.
Other 2011 Daily Racing Form NHC Tour benefits include:
- Tour Membership Card containing NHC Tour account information;
- Eligibility to compete for a seat at the January 2012 NHC in Las Vegas;
- Twice monthly e-newsletter featuring photos and recaps of previously held tourneys, schedules and links to upcoming tournaments, tourney tips from previous NHC Champions and qualifiers, etc.;
- Special offers from Daily Racing Form, including the following:
- 10% discount on the purchase of any DRF.com past performances plan—good for new and existing DRF.com members
- 20% discount on a single DRF Press order at check-out
- Season-ending, online tourney for top 100 Tour points leaders, offering 15 seats to the 2013 NHC;
- Mentoring program, whereby veteran NHC Tour players and past Champions will provide tips and insights on tournament play to other Tour members;
- Eligibility to receive benefits and discounts from NTRA Advantage partners;
- Membership in NTRA Horseplayers’ Coalition, addressing player-centric issues in Washington, D.C.;
- Exclusive offers and discounts on Thoroughbred racing memorabilia and collectibles; and
- Exclusive offers, including access to tickets to key events, at NTRA member facilities.
In just its 12th year, the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship is the most important tournament of the year for horseplayers and is the culmination of a year-long series of NTRA-sanctioned local tournaments conducted by racetracks, casino race books, off-track betting facilities and horse racing and handicapping Web sites, each of which sends its top qualifiers to the national finals.
The NTRA is a broad-based coalition of horse racing interests consisting of leading thoroughbred racetracks, owners, breeders, trainers, horseplayers and affiliated horse racing associations, charged with increasing the popularity of horse racing and improving economic conditions for industry participants. The NTRA has offices in Lexington, Ky., and Rye Brook, N.Y. NTRA press releases appear on the NTRA web site, NTRA.com.